Setting up and using a testing booth - Sand on Glass..
ACE – Technical Workshop Descriptor
Technical Instruction Area:
Animation - Stop Motion Studios
Academic Programme/Level/Workshop code:
MA1 - Production for Animation
Room Number: 4B02, 4B03
Maximum Numbers Possible: 15
Key processes/Technologies covered
Duration of Workshop
Dates and times of workshop
Monday 26th Jan 2015
Technical Learning Objectives:
This workshop builds on the skills learned in the previous workshop, covering trouble shooting and export settings in stop motion pro in more depth. The instructor demonstrates how to set up a capture station for a shoot. It covers essential Health and Safety and a basic "flatwork" set up in the testing booths. It also introduces students to the key constraints of under camera work (Light control, registration, camera “throw” and field size. This is followed by a short exercise (sand on glass) where the students working independently or in pairs, set up and use the station correctly to shoot and export a short experimental sequence.
Associated Module Outcomes:
Students on this module should be given training and support in the following:
• extending their understanding of animation
• Developing an awareness of animation production methodologies and processes;
• developing ideas specific to animation with regard to the practical
• limitations encountered when relating process to concept;
• Exploring their creative potential through animation;
• Develop skills in animation production and audio design;
• Becoming familiar with technologies necessary for the production of
• their animation.